Thursday, November 12, 2009

My Art Project


My art wasn’t made to change anyone’s beliefs or make them think any different of themselves. I made this art because this is what I believe. I am not saying that it is the right way but I am saying that you need to be careful. Technology and change can be dangerous things because it makes everything faster and smarter and it is possible to progress beyond ourselves. We need to be careful of what we are doing otherwise it may overwhelm us and shake the very roots of our existence. From personal experiences I have learned that dependency can be a dangerous thing and that depending on anything too much can lead do your downfall or demise as it may be. If we don’t look at where we are headed then we might not like where we end up. I made this piece in representation of a hostage situation. Technology is taking our minds hostage and there is no ransom. We have to learn how to get it back ourselves. I loved making this piece because it allowed me to base my art on several forms and the most powerful form of propaganda is fear. I made this to strike fear but in a way that they wont get down on their knees but now be a little more aware. I know I am not Martin Scocase but I believe that this had the grainy and basic feel that I wanted. I took my brother, a flashlight, and a Flip Video camera and we went into an empty apartment and I told him to read the script with authority and a deep voice and that was the result. It wasn’t the first time he read it but it was what I was looking for. This was a script that I wrote myself but took inspiration from scripts that had a similar background from other movies such as Live Free Or Die Hard Featuring Bruce Willis. I hope you see this video as I saw it and possibly understand the message I am trying to convey.

No comments:

Post a Comment