Monday, November 16, 2009

HW #23 What is Cool?

Cool isn't a just how a person is, it is a feeling. It is a vibe that a person gives off. It can be their looks, their gender, how they dress, how they talk, their personality, or as i said before, it could just be the vibe they give you. Cool makes or breaks a person. Everyone wants to be the cool kid but sometimes its just doesn't work like that. Trying to be cool doesn't work because the harder you try the less cool you look and it doesn't matter to most people how cool you fell, it is how cool other people think you are. This is a dog eat dog world and can be pretty vicious, but i guess that is what makes it so interesting.
While discussing in class what are the main and smaller ideas of being popular, i decided that standing out but in an accepted way is what is the main idea. Everyone wants to be different and the person who does is the person who everyone wants to be like. That is what makes them cool. They are new and different but the main idea that everyone is missing is that there is no such thing as originality. They don't just wake up and think that "oh i am going to do this today" for no reason. They always base the way they act of something else. Originality is cool to me, but does it really exist? Can someone be completely original or do they have to base their ideas off someone else and then go from there? Does it really matter?
Finally i just want to ask, does it really matter to be cool? I mean learn, laugh, live right? I think that if i can get by with my friends and not be Mr. popular then i can live with that. In the end i want to be the person who i want to be and not have to change or keep up my appearance to stay that way. If i have people around me who accept me for who i am then i don't give a damn what anyone else really thinks. I think that being "cool" is for the people who don't know who they are and want other people to tell them. I do care what other people think of me. But i don't live my life by their opinion. I want to make myself and my real friends happy. Whenever i think, i want to be popular, i just think, would i like to have 10 untrustworthy and not dependable friends or 3 trustworthy and dependable friends that i can call anytime i have a problem or just want to talk to someone. As of right now that is what i think. I really want to see where this unit goes though. I feel like you have a lot up your sleeve. So yeah i don't really know how to leave this off on a meaningful note so i just want to ask. Do you care about being "cool?"

No comments:

Post a Comment