Tuesday, December 1, 2009

HW 26 - Photos & Questions

For all of my interviews i asked the same question. I asked Why are you wearing what you are wearing? They all had different outfits and it said something different about each of their personalities. I know the pictures aren't very good quality so i will do my best to describe the outfit.
Ayinde Stevens
He is wearing a Button down, collared shirt, a green sweater, khakis, and white athletic Shoes. Then the leather jacket, big framed glasses and a hat. Topped off with a messenger bag. When asked why he was wearing it he gave 3 answers.
  • Its a school uniform
  • It is the suckiest thing on earth
  • It is all i know how to wear.
The reason i chose to photograph him is because he always dresses like this, not that this is a bad thing, but it is rare to see some one who dresses formally and doesn't change after school because they don't want people to judge them. He gets my respect because just from hanging out with him, he is who he is. He has his own unique personality that is unlike anything i have seen before. People dress to impress. Ayinde dresses how he wants, albeit heavily influenced from school, it is still under his control and that is what he chooses. I really liked his final answer because it admits reality. Whether or not he looks at it like you do, he still looks at like it is life. He accepts that. That is why i think he is cool


Eliana Slurzberg
She is wearing a Green puffyish shirt, High Rise Jeans, Uggs, an Afghan scarf and a Beanie Hat. She also has some cool dangly earrings that you can't really see. When asked why she was wearing that she gave 3 responses.
  • I don't know
  • Extension of my personality
  • Why Not?
She is much different from Ayinde. She isn't wearing "preppy" clothing. Yet she isn't wearing designer clothing (to my knowledge). She is wearing clothing that she likes the look of. Aside from matching she likes it. I wear some jeans more then others because i like them more. Maybe they are more comfortable or maybe because they look nicer to me. But she is wearing that because as she said "Why Not?" Those clothes represent who she is to her. Not to her friends or her family. They had an influence on her but she took it and made it her own because even if you could put every one in different groups, they would still all be different in the end because everyone is different.


Willow Levine
She is wearing a grey t-shirt, red and black checkered jeans, Vans with blue and red laces. She is holding a hoodie with pink shoe laces on the sides. She is wearing a guitar pic locket and is holding a jacket, a bag and roller skates. She also has a whole ton of ear piercings and gauges. When asked why she was wearing/had all that, she said:
  • Cuz i Like it
  • It Expresses Who i am
  • This is how my friends dress
To me those were some pretty respectable answers because they were honest. That is why people dress how they dress. Friends and to show who they are. They have their own ideas that they can take and exchange with friends. It is a style that not everyone can appreciate yet she does it anyway. Maybe because friends are what count to her. I can't think for her but i would have to guess that she dresses like that because her friends had that kind of influence on her and then she took it where it needed to go. The way i dress expresses who i want to be, i like it, and some of my friends dress like that. I don't wear the colorful clothing but i have the Nikes. I got that from them. But I still dress how i want to dress and whether or not other people have an influence on me i can still make it my own just as these three people, who i can also call my friends, did.

No comments:

Post a Comment