Monday, May 10, 2010

HW 54

For this test i really thought the questions were pretty similar to the test you had us take about the questions we asked each other. I felt like the whole point of the test was to make us fit into categories that we are putting us into. It isn't like cold reading at all. We are judging ourselves and based on that we are put into categories. I don't know if i am an administrator. Maybe the people around me feel that i am but i don't know. I don't like these tests. I don't feel they are useful to us at all because you cant judge someone based on what letters some test assigned to them. They would work wonders for the job market if someone walked into the job they wanted, and along with their resume, they handed them the results to this test too as well as a full breakdown of the sections so they could better under stand them as a human as society and Jung judge them to be. Individuality doesn't matter when you can be part of a percentage.

ESTJ - "Administrator". Much in touch with the external environment. Very responsible. Pillar of strength. 8.7% of total population.

Personally i think this test does have a pretty accurate of who or what i am. I think that these results is how other people and myself see me. I mean its a lot of how people see me too. I may see myself as ESFJ and others might see me as this. I think that as well as taking this test for myself, someone else who is a good friend should take it for me. It would give a great comparison of how i see myself and how others see me. And i should have a high opinion but i still believe that the value of something lies in the eye of the beholder. Being a rebel doesn't make it any easier to get a job. I don't like what these tests stand for but i do like that they can give us some sort of feedback on who we are. Or who we think we are. Everyone likes to be reassured that they are still human and doing the right thing every once and a while. We all like to be validated. That is what this test is doing. It is showing us that we are important and showing us who we think we are so we feel like we are understood and valued. Not always a bad thing, but it is some form of false hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment