Sunday, February 21, 2010

HW 40 - School Interviews x 5 & Synthesis

Person #1:
When i asked myself what did school do to me? I had a lot of answers, none of them were particularly happy. I have done plenty of stupid things in school and i have had bad friends and good friends and i have had good teachers and bad teachers. All of these things put together make me who i am for the most part because i spend almost as much time at school as i do at home (saying i sleep from 11 to 7). These people that i spend 6 hours a day with have a lot of influence on me. They made me paranoid and much more sheltered about my personal information. But at the same time, some of them proved that people are good and that even when you are mad at each other they can forget about that to help you out and that leaves just as lasting as an impression as anything. It may be sentimental or whatever but i think its pretty true.
Person #2
:
So first i Interviewed Kate, i asked her about how school affected her social outlook. She said that that people suck, because people can be petty and catty. School brings all types of people that you generally would never talk to together, which isn't always a good thing. Honestly, the school i go to and the people i go to school with made me a less social person. If i could change one thing about my school i would change it to have more good electives because most of the classes i take now are fake and honestly will not really ever help me once i graduate high school much less college.
Person #3:

For my second interview i talked to my childhood friend Alex. When asked about the experience of being a student she said: "Well...on the experience of being a student, i actually like school, i just think we get so much homework it ruins the experience. i think the motivation of school is to create a well-educated population, so the intentions are good, and although its difficult sometimes, i think it has good intentions and its overall motivation is, for the most part, fulfilled. i do not think school is a sorting machine, at least not my school, because we all want to be well-rounded so we all do everything so no one is "sorted" into a particular genre. However, we all have talents and activities we are usually associated with. I am lucky to be somewhere that allows for students to pursue multiple areas of interest and therefore not be sorted."

Person #4:

For my third interview i talked to my 8 year old cousin Zachary. I wanted to talk to another generation and see what they had to say about how the social situations and how school affects his social persona. When i asked him about what he thought about his school and how it helped him make friends he said that he liked school because it helped him makes friends but it also made him be with people who aren't cool, and who he wouldn't want to be with outside of school. He was convinced that he was in school to be tortured because of how "annoying" some of these people are, yet he is pretty popular. He leads his kindergarten class and makes the people around him want to be like him. Yet he is pretty annoying to me at least, but he is a cool kid, he took what he saw in his friends and made it his own and everyone loves him for it. He may be only 8 but he is very smart

Person #5:

For my last interview i talked to my brother Eli who is starting his first year in high school at Beacon. He said; "School gives me the chance to meet girls and hang out with all my friends in an organized environment. And this time has allowed me to develop very quickly and efficiently as opposed to the time i spend away from school. Sitting with 30 kids in a class 6 hours a day for 180 days a year has helped me to learn how to interact with them in a way that feels more natural and allows me to better understand and control other social situations whether they be in school or outside of it."


Part B:

From what my friends and family have said it is very true that school does in fact suck for the kind of work that it makes you do but we all agree that it is worth it for the friends. It helps make friends and they are what make school worth it. School needs to prepare us for what real life holds and that means dealing with people we don't like and making people that we do like be our friends and stay our friends. That is useful for job interviews and for just anything that really involves the workplace. But that is beside the point. What i am trying to say is that no one likes to work but they need to learn to deal with it. What everyone does like is making friends and for the most part i do too. Sure they make drama and cause problems but we all do that. It teaches us how to deal with ourselves and that is probably the most important thing when it comes to living on your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment